| Protection Level 3 - Maximum protection for the most rugged activities and weather conditions.
- Exclusive Wool/THOR·LON® Blend for maximum warmth and wicking.
- Moderate cushioning in the ball/heel for reducing shock, impact, shear and blisters.
- Thick cushioning at ankle, shin and instep to protect against boot pressure/in arch for better fit (spandex added for support).
- 100% worsted wool toe for maximum warmth.
Fiber Contents: 60% Worsted wool, 27% Exclusive THOR·LON® Acrylic, 11% Stretch nylon, 2% Spandex
Natural fat pads protect our feet, but we destroy them by walking and running on hard surfaces
- This loss of fat pads is due primarily to damage from shearing forces from walking and running on smooth, unyielding man-made surfaces (concrete, asphalt, hard floors).
- The damage is compounded by poorly designed and poorly fitted socks and shoes.
- Thorlos protect the fat pads from shearing forces by transferring these forces from the fat pads to the cushion fabric of the Thorlos; and where fat pad degradation has already occurred, Thorlos engineered cushion fabric helps replace the function of the natural pads.
Fabrics that work well on our bodies work poorly in our shoes
- Cotton, wool and silk (all natural fabrics) absorb moisture ["Absorption" is defined as retention]. Wool claims to "wick," which is not true.
- Inside the shoes, natural cushion sock fabrics become ineffective and even harmful to the feet: They absorb moisture, become saturated and collapse. Result: no protection.
- Acrylic "wicks" moisture ["Wicking" is defined as transmission or movement of moisture by capillary action], moving it to the outer materials of the shoe where it is released into the outside environment.
- Acrylic cushion sock fabric maintains resiliency and provides a more natural yielding, forgiving, dynamic environment for the foot (like walking barefoot in grass or sand).
- Result: More protection, more comfort.
Wool with Exclusive THOR·LON® Acrylic
This performance fiber blend is intended for active cold climate use. Designed for improved blister protection and comfort without sacrificing significant insulating properties of natural wool. The addition of THOR·LON® acrylic improves loft, resiliency and greatly enhances moisture management qualities that 100% wool yarns alone cannot provide.
Free Shipping on $59 or more
If your order totals $59 or more, we will ship your order for free within the continental United States. Orders under $59 will be charged $4.95 flat rate shipping. We currently ship to the United States, including APO and FPO addresses, and Puerto Rico.
Express Shipping Available
If you need your order expedited you can select UPS Express shipping options on the checkout page. Please note that some items are not in stock and the expected number of days prior to shipment is noted on this page.
Northeast Distribution Center
Most products are shipped from our Conklin, NY warehouse within 1 business day (unless otherwise noted) depending on availability and time order was placed. Some products could be shipped from alternate warehouses. If an out of stock situation occurs, we will contact you to see if you want to "backorder" the item and wait for it to become available.
Our primary shipping method is UPS and our secondary method is USPS for smaller shipments.
Displaying 1 - 5 of 11 reviews Next
Mary from Anza, Ca
Warm, cushy, perfect the for cold uninsulated muck boots that I put on for horse chores when it's cold and muddy out.
Mark from Sharpsburg, GA
I purchased this pair of socks and another pair of Hunting socks from Smartwool and took both to go goose hunting in Maryland. The Thorlo sock outperformed the Smartwool sock in every facet. Comfort, durability and especially warmth. The Thorlo's ability to wick away the moisture insulated my feet much better and kept them from getting uncomfortable after 8 hours in a goose blind. Temperatures hovered in the low 30's to high 20's with snow and sleet combined. My boots were wet the whole time but my feet remained more comfortable with the Thorlo by far.
Jim from Macungie, PA
A must have...like walking on clouds with these socks....
Chuck from Raleigh, NC
Best socks I have ever worn to keep my feet warm. I bought two of friends some for a gift and they have raved about the warmth they provide.
M from KC, KS
I gave my husband these socks for Christmas, and he is thrilled with them. He farms and has always complained about how cold his feet get. We've had sub-zero temps in the last few weeks and his feet haven't gotten cold once.
I had to swallow hard at the price. But these socks are worth it.
Displaying 1 - 5 of 11 reviews Next